I’m sitting around before dinner reviewing Twitter and note a post that I felt required a response. Bad mistake. Following is a verbatim of the exchange with an Obama supporter.
I am reminded of an old southern adage: Never try to teach a pig to dance; it just frustrates you and pisses off the pig.
- Obama Supporter: The news in poll is 35% of union members support Romney.How do they think Romney will help union people?
- Me: GET ‘EM BACK TO WORK!
- Obama Supporter: Romney is on record as wanting less teachers, less firefighters, less police. Make more jobs by getting rid of them?
- Me: Quote me the record…I want a link!
- Obama Supporter: ? right wingers just say any link is fabricated and rush back to Fox News. Really? You want a link?
- Me: You quoted the record in your claim, show me the record and a ‘record’ isn’t your opinion; you throw that crap out. show me the facts
- Obama Supporter: The quote: (link to Washington post editorial) The video: (link to Romney tape; edited to alter context) Campaign stands by (invalid link)
- Me: My friend…do you realize you sent me an editorial?
- Obama Supporter: I did. What do you think? Do “we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers”?
- Me: A false choice 35% of union members support Romney. Seems your beef is with them not me. The Teamsters might like to hear from you.
- Obama Supporter: I sent you quote of what Romney said, video of what Romney said. Why you playing games? I told you that you’d reject it
- Obama Supporter: I was nice & gave you links you asked for. Do you think “we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers”? Or less?
- Obama Supporter: You asked for links. I answered. For 3rd time: Do you think “we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers”? Or less?
- Me: For the second time, I’ll not respond to a false choice. Well, maybe just to piss you off: Yes & no. Contacted the Teamsters yet?
- Obama Supporter: Good to see you confess your goal is to “piss you off” and not have a discussion. This is why you deserve no respect
- Me: Trust me, I don’t need or expect respect from you my friend
- Me: PS: a sense of humor might be good for you.
After dinner I find the following final retort from my buddy.
- Obama Supporter: Meet Rodney Page, the guy who really wishes people would stop bringing up race all the time (My Twitter address)
- (Screen shots of some of my past Twitter posts, presumably indications of my racism; the most damning evidence of such:)
- Original tweet: Repulsive race baiters can’t see anything but skin color
- My response: IF BHO PURPLE WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? ALL OF US HATE GRAPES?
Author, “Powers Not Delegated”…a conservative political thriller
…What Could Have Been and Might Still Be
Available November 2012